Monday 29 March 2010

thoughts on portraiture

After looking at a few varied wide range of photographers I feel that i have already changed my mind on what I previously thought on portraiture. At first i thought it would be a good starting point- which i still think, but its just that i kind of don't know where to start from.

Out of the few photographers ive just looked at, my favourite for some reason is Gary Schneider. I find the images to be quite daunting and scary, but the techniques employed and the physical attributes ive found so memorizing at the same time. The dull tones of the pieces create a deadly connotation which is quite grim, but i love the attention to detail- for example the photograph of the eyes and the ears.

I think im going to start off by doing some macro shots of arms, hands, ears, faces to start with.. just to play around and see what i make of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment